Sunday, September 13, 2009

My Shepherd of Endless Means

I have read Psalm 23 so countless times but this morning in church, God revealed so much more to me about life than I had ever seen before.

God, being my Shepherd, not only watches over me, but He leads and restores me. Leading me beside still waters causes me to be at peace in my life. As He restores my soul, I am refreshed with God's strength to press on and run the race set before me.

God also is with me so I have no reason to fear any evil. He comforts me as He prepares me for His good works. He anoints my head with oil and I am filled with His goodness and mercy all my life.

As a sheep, I can definitely identify with the characteristics of one being defenseless, wandering, rebellious at times and stubborn for sure. I am for sure a cast sheep as Pastor Mark explained as all of the above and sets itself up for certain disaster. I, too, do this unknowingly and how thankful I am that God is always there to pick me up and dust me off. Isaiah 53:6 tells me I am like sheep and have gone astray. How I truly need my Shepherd.

How lost I feel at times when I lose my focus and forget God is my Shepherd. I try to lead myself, walk around broken and bruised then wonder why I am not much use to the Lord. If I allow God to lead, restore and comfort me I can enjoy God's goodness and mercy all the days of my life and be a blessing to others. Isn't this what life is all about anyway?



No comments:

Post a Comment