Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Hidden Language of Feet

I am not a foot person by any means, so for me to rub a family member’s feet is a sacrifice like no other, but as I woke this morning, I realized feet have an important place in this world. They speak and have a language of their own. They tire and hurt, curl up to get warm when they are cold, withdraw themselves from anther's feet when hurt, anger or frustration are present, and they are created to walk a journey of faith in God-like fashion.

“How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace; who bring glad tidings of good things”, Romans 10:15. God says my feet are beautiful when they preach peace and bring joyful news of peace to others. Well, He obviously is a foot person and therefore my observation of feet must change to be like His. Beautiful feet preach peace and share joy! Now this is a statement to live by. What am I seeking each day? Is it God? Is it peace? Is it to share the love of Jesus, His peace and joy with others? What are my reasons for living? What is my purpose for drawing one more breath today?

As I ponder these questions many thoughts come to mind, but those I want to meditate on are Matthew 6:33 which states, “Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be given to you.” What things? Needs, such as what we eat, drink and wear. Psalm 34:14 says to “Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.” Romans 10:15 tells us to preach the gospel of peace and to share joyful events with others. My reason for living should be to worship Jesus as told to us in Luke 4:8, “Worship the Lord your God and serve Him only” as well as to make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, of the Son and the Holy Spirit” as said in Matthew 28:19. Exodus 9:16 and Jeremiah 29:11-13 shows us God has a purpose for our lives. In Exodus he says, “I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth” and God tells us in Jeremiah, “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”

The answers to these questions show us not only the importance of using our feet to spread the gospel, preach peace and share joyful tidings, but to seek God and His righteousness, thank Him for supplying our needs, to turn from evil and do good, to seek after peace, to worship and serve God only and make disciples of others. Knowing God’s plans for us are good and not meant to harm us, plans to give us a future and a hope, we can take a breath of relief and rest in the knowledge of how much God loves us. Trodding the journey of faith may take our feet on unknown paths, but praise God Who will never leave us or forsake us and wants us to be content with such things as we have. (Hebrews 13:5) So during the next foot rub I give to a family member, what better revelations for me to ponder on than the beauty of even the one’s feet I am rubbing .

No comments:

Post a Comment